Seattle Islamic Speakers Bureau (SISB) envisions a society in which people of diverse backgrounds peacefully coexists with mutual respect, have their contributions valued, and where American Muslim communities play a vital role in promoting values of inclusion and understanding.
In pursuit of this vision, SISB’s mission is to counter prejudice and discrimination against American Muslims by teaching about their traditions and contributions in the context of America’s history and cultural diversity. SISB emphasizes the importance of countering all forms of bigotry while working within the framework of the First Amendment‘s protection of religious freedom and pluralism. SISB will achieve our mission by delivering presentations, training seminars and workshops, and participating on panel discussions annually in schools, colleges and universities, law enforcement agencies, corporations, healthcare facilities, and community organizations as part of cultural diversity curricula and programs. By reaching individuals at the grassroots level, SISB is building bridges among people of all backgrounds.
SISB programs are based on the following principles:
- We believe in adhering to the highest standard of professionalism in the operation of our organization, striving for full accountability and transparency.
- We believe that a deeper understanding of different religions and cultures contributes to peace and harmony in the world.
- We interact with people based on the belief that they are good, decent, and honest human beings, and we respect their diverse beliefs and practices.
- We emphasize face-to-face interaction with our audiences as an effective way to overcome stereotypes and prejudice and build bridges of understanding and friendship.
- We strive to build long-term, honest, and intimate relationships with individuals and institutions by meeting their needs and expectations, valuing their feedback, and delivering top quality products and services.
- We hold ourselves to the highest standards of behavior and character, including good manners, kindness, sincerity, integrity, authenticity, generosity, and a dedication to continuous learning and growth.
- We subscribe to the principles expressed in the religion clauses of the First Amendment of the U.S. Constitution; our products and services are therefore academic, informative, objective, neutral, but never devotional in nature.